Thursday, February 6, 2014

Back then

Brief pass through memory lane. 
There are more interesting things to share but I just had to when I stumbled on a few old boxes last week.These  particular sentimental pieces of evidence were of me around the age of my own daughter today. 
That little girl, so very tiny, is now a full grown woman. Me, a Mom and wife. Molded, stretched and tried year after year....and still today, like a new creation. Its all too big for my mind to fully understand. 
How is it possible that my tiny heart has been beating in time for this long?  Each one of us are a miracle.  You, your children, your family, your friends...even the stranger at the post office.

 That carefree teenager below had no clue what would be in store. 
This was the invitation that my mother had made for my graduation party.   Its still in one piece after all these years. Left: Heading to Elementary school for the first time.  Right: High School Senior picture

My first steps in my faith.  How cute is my wobbly cursive??
Communion...I was Addys age.  I remember that day like it was yesterday.  The princess white gown and the freshly curled bangs.

My little 7 year old self loved the Lord.  Not quite like today, but the seed was planted. My prayers were a lot different then but none the less , the Lord has heard me, still is ever present and has been so faithful over the years.


"Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment