Monday, January 9, 2012

You Can't Keep Them Little Forever

As a Christmas gift my husband surprised me with the gorgeous growth chart I had written about a few entries ago.  The picture shows no justice to how beautiful it is in person.  Now its hung in the kitchen between two doors and we have gone ahead and marked all the check up heights for all 3 kids since they were born.  Growth is amazing.  It tugs at my heart....I just want to freeze it all and keep time exactly where it is.

Attached to Growth Chart was the most precious of all the gifts.  Its was the reason for the second good cry I had on Christmas morning alone.

Grow

from love and hope life springs forth
and on to them we pass our torch

another inch, another year
watch them grow while they're near

each year they spring up; ever faster
mark not the days ; enjoy their laughter

live full, teach them well
big hugs, our hearts swell

too soon they're off to explore
the world beyond our front door

big new love; another setting
brand new hope; a family wedding

the cycle begins anew once more
little ones crawling across the floor

proudest parents that ever could be
more leaves on our family tree

hold them tight and watch them grow
all our blessings overflow


I love you Jenny!
Thank you for everything.
Merry Christmas.

Love, 
Matt
xoxxox

This was written by him. I don't know where or when he was able to find a moment to actually sit and think around here these days. It doesn't matter how I guess....I'm just so touched that he did. I will cherish this for the rest of my life and when I am old and my time is done, I will know that I was part of something really beautiful. Our marriage isn't perfect and neither one of us separately even come close to  it.  Together we do better and we try our best  everyday.  We worship hard, count our blessings fast and love huge. What more could you ask for.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
1 Corinthians 13 4-8



No comments:

Post a Comment