Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mimi Monday

 Monday was an uneventful day.  We were waiting for a visit from Papa and Grammy when there was a knock on the door. It was Addy's side kick Mimi! How lucky are my kids to see three of their grandparents in one day!? The surprise visits can throw me off , but I am always grateful they happen.  The kids adore her.

Mimi surprised Addison with her first Lalaloopsy doll.  Until now I hadnt a clue what they were but I must admit they are pretty darn adorable.  Button eyes and all. I think Mimi was just as excited as Addy was. 
 Both boys had just woken up from their afternoon naps when she arrived so it took Drew a bit longer to warm up.  He was zombified. He is always this way. Once he warms though there is no stopping him.
Mimi and her little boyfriend. George has grown a serious affection for her.  The entire visit he was right in front of her face, attacking her or rolling over her body.  I think here he is trying to impress her with his new ability to stand alone and even take steps.
Hair pulling when they like a girl starts really early in life.
Back for more.

 Mimi is loving the attention as much as he loves giving it.  Watching my children interact with my parents melts my heart. I cannot believe that I am no longer eighteen years old dreaming of the future and thinking how I just want to be an adult.  The time is now.  Thirty three years ago I was in my mothers arms just like this.



Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers. 

Proverbs 17:6

No comments:

Post a Comment