Monday, April 15, 2013

Goodbye for now


 Another big change occurred for our kids this past January.  Their very best friends packed up and moved ( temporarily) to Alabama . It was for the military so they will be back but Addy is measuring time by what grade in school she will be in when they get back home to her.  This does not make her happy and we have had some really hard talks about her first experience with heartache. Its so hard to see her missing them so bad. Such a hard concept for little folks.  We just keep reminding her that they will be back and they miss her so much too.

 We almost missed saying goodbye the night before.  I for sure thought we wouldn't be able to visit but Sara showed up late that night and they were able to get in those last crazy kid hugs.  I, myself, was feeling mighty sad to see the kiddos go too.  Its been so fun watching them all grow up together and I feel like I'm going to be missing those 4 little faces at my door wanting to play each day. Sure going to be quiet out there.

 It Its so important  for a child to have a ton of people loving them.  I do believe it takes a village to raise a tender hearted child.  Its certainly been a comfort to Matt and I over the years to know that our kids were being well loved by the Washburns when they were over with them too. 


Seven  perfect little people.  That's a whole lot of greatness right there. 
Looking forward to the day they come back for good and its right back to the way it should be.....loud, funny,crazy but joy filled to the brim.

Addy would say, see you when I'm in second grade!!  


Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment