Saturday, June 25, 2011

Gods Love In Times Of Fear....


As many of you know , I am a Christian. I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe that He died for our sins. I believe He lived a sinless life. I believe He created me. I believe with every ounce of who I am and we lead our family with the knowledge of this.

Regardless of how a Christian is supposed to 'act', I am no where near perfect. Knowing my scripture fairly well and keeping a conversation with the Lord all day long, I still find myself in unbelief sometimes. Take this month for example. ...

Dear friends of ours lost a baby. I prayed.


Another friend also lost a desired pregnancy. I prayed harder.


A love one dove deep into their depression and alcohol addiction. Prayed for them till I couldn't pray anymore.


Last night a family we know lost a loved one, one we actually were very fond of. It hurt....I walked through this home sad, knowing she raised her own children in this very home. My daughter and I embraced at bedtime and lifted her up in prayer.


Right now , while I type, one of my best friends is sleepless. Her fiance is on a respirator in an ICU unit. He is younger than I. Cancer. She is devastated and I am frozen in my tracks with fear and worry for them. I pray all day.


These are just some of the trials going on all around me. Instead of leaning on Him and diving into His word and promise I am paralyzed with fear. This is not my typical reaction. This frightens me. I suppose its part of being human. To worry and throw your hands up. I can often times be caught in this position...arms up, giving it to Him. This morning I am grateful to serve a God who knows my heart and lifts my burdens when they become too heavy. I know that even in the darkest hour He is beside me. I take comfort in knowing that when I am worn and no longer have the words to say to these loved ones that He gives them to me. They are all in His book. I will rest this weary heart today with the knowledge that neither life nor death can get in between the creator and His children whom He loves.

Thank you Jesus


Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice. 
Isaiah41:10

I pray that you..may have power with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ. Ephesians 3:17-19




No comments:

Post a Comment