Monday, August 29, 2011

Canobie Lake Park 2011

This past friday a couple of us took a trip to Canobie Lake Park.  I felt like I was 8 again. It was like waiting for Christmas the night before. I rode this ride as a little girl and thought it was so cool. The Caterpillar....ahh, memories. The park is much more impressive now, but boy was it still a blast.
My Mother and Father in Law came by our house early in the morning and watched George and Drew so my husband, daughter, brother in law Mike, niece Jade, nephew Colin and I could take a big kid day at the park. The ride down took forever because I left that up to the men...hmmm.  Thats all Ill say and gently back away from the subject.  Of course that extra half hour of time did not phase them a bit as they sat in the front and I was back with the hooligans.

We ate everything bad for you and it was superb.  Cheesy fries, greasy burgers, fried dough, popcorn, ice cream....soda.  We did not skimp on a thing.
 An entire day with Addy and she got all the attention.  It was good for all of us and it was even better than we got to spend the entire day with our niece and nephew.  It was so fun and Addy eats up her time with them.  She thinks they are pretty special.  Life has been busy for everyone in the past year or two so this entire day was a big make up session for any time lost.
 Addy doesn't seem all that scared of much.  Everything that she could do , she did.  The Park was so so so busy so the lines were long and it was crowded but she stayed in a fantastic mood and seemed unphased with rides I reacted to like a wimp..lol.  What I am supposed to do when she is over 48 inches and able to go on the horrible ones?.....not sure.  My husband is a bit of a wimp as well. 
 Now this seems like an odd sight to me to not have my cutie baby boys in the picture too.  We really did miss them terribly and I thought about them non stop but I did not worry for them even a moment because they were in the best arms.
 Jade, Mike and Colin were the dare devils.  They rode rides I wouldn't if my life depended on it.  What happens to our courage for dumb stuff once we bring children into the world??  No thanks to roller coasters that drop to the ground and you think you're going to die.  Nope.  Not this lady.
It was a wonderful day and I cant thank George and Nancy enough for making it possible.  They were with the boys for over nine hours and we came home to smiles and happy boys !  We are so grateful for family and for the love they pour on our three children.  Life is that much better sharing it and feeling loved. Time goes and slips by fast so don't hide from it, hoping to stay forever in a moment, or wish it to pass to get to that special event, because it will keep passing whether we like it or not so be present and be grateful.

"Where can I go from your Spirit?... All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."Psalm 139

No comments:

Post a Comment