Wednesday, August 31, 2011

That time again...School


 Well its that time of year again.  The start of school.  Addison started preschool once again.  She attended preschool at the public school last year, but is a January birthday, so she misses the kindergarten cut off. She has a new teacher this year and her classroom moved so it does feel like kind of a new experience.  They are doing the finishing touches to the brand new school so the kids will only be at this location till January....then its off to a gorgeous new elementary school!!     Its only 2 miles farther so it's still close by.

Ready and eager to head off.  We live half a mile from the elementary school so we get to walk her to and from on the nice days.  It was a beautiful morning.
This backpack was so big but it had a dog that resembled our pup Liberty who passed away not too long ago and she melted when she saw it. She had to have it and I agreed.

  
New duds head to toe.  She looked stunning. Shopping this year was so hard.  All the stores kids departments had clothes far too mature for little girls.  Very sad. It was horrible.  Luckily I found this adorable , very innocent, dress on clearance at Kohls.

 
 The envelope from the note I sent her. I very much enjoyed the time making it last night.

 I put a note in her lunchbox almost everyday last year.  I want her to know that she goes for her, not because we need a break, and we miss her and are thinking of her when she is there.  I'm an at home Mom so I feel funny sending her to preschool sometimes but I know she needs it. My plan was to homeschool my children, but having twin babies kind of threw a wrench in that idea. Who knows what we will decide on later on , but for right now its the right decision for our family. She loves to learn and is so social but with the boys needing so much from me moment to moment , its hard to give her all the attention, teaching and activities that she requires and deserves.  She goes to school Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 11:30 so it works perfectly. I really do look forward to picking her everyday and hearing about how much fun she is having.
 This was the corny note I wrote her and I stuck a picture of our family inside, that way she can keep it and look at it if she ever needs to. 

When I picked her up at school, I made sure I was the first one there waiting at the door.  She had a huge smile and proclaimed the day was a success, or at least the look on her face did. She said she got to play the Hokey Pokey.  Whats better than that?

 We proclaim Christ, admonishing and teaching our children with all wisdom, so that we may present all of our children perfect in Christ. To this end we labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in us, their parents.
Colossians 1:28,29


No comments:

Post a Comment