Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Being with Dad is like a walk in the woods.

 A few weekends ago Matt took the kids out for a few hours to do things that a Dad likes to do ( without a Mom and her watchful eye).
 This is Addy walking the trail picking up Chestnuts. As weird as it sounds, I have a love of them.  Not for eating purposes or anything but I heard something beautiful on my walk with Christ that was about how a chestnut has everything it needs right in side of it to survive....much like us with God.  Long story. After watching this great show , my husband , no lie, walked in from a day out and handed me 2 chestnuts.  He had no clue what I had just watched. Out of all the things in the world to present your wife at the end of the day.  Not sure he knew why either and probably thought I would think he was nuts. Tell me that God doesn't have a hand in even the littlest of things. They are still  on my kitchen shelf to this day.We get a lot of strange looks. Later on that year he brought me 3 small ones......a family of five.  A coincidence?!
 Out on the trail before creeping out the forest and eating a fair share of dirt and leaves.
 Life tastes good.
Andrew thought is a great day.

Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.Ephesians 6:4

No comments:

Post a Comment