Monday, September 26, 2011

Most Wonderful time of the Year.

We had our annual apple picking adventure early this month.  Gathered up our gear, some good family, great friends and headed to Windy Hill Orchard which is conveniently located up the road from us.  My mother, sister and one of my best friends Casey and her daughter Mak joined us.
The weather was phenominal and was just perfect for picture taking.  Here is some down time for Daddy walking the pumpkin field with the kiddos.
Makayla on the move. Feeling free and a well deserve moment of just being a kid.
Andrews first taste of fall....everything goes in the mouth.
Resting on the rock with all the rugrats. Three of mine and one I love like my own. I think four looks good on us....dont you..? Who knows..... maybe God has placed another little one on my heart after all
Beautiful Casey and Makayla.  Casey's strength amazes me.  Just a few months ago the love of her life Keegan went home to be with the Lord and she keeps moving one foot in front of the other.  I couldn't help but feel sadness for her on this beautiful day.  I could feel the heaviness. I caught a few quiet tears. My own eyes welled a couple times and there was a knot in my throat.I cant imagine the pain.  If I could take it away for just a little while I would. To trade places for a few hours because I feel broken and helpless thinking of how heavy this hurt is for her. There is a comfort though. My heart rests in the truth that God promises a reunion. It will be beautiful. In the meantime I am most certain that Keegan is watching closely in amazement at the strength of his girls.
Always learning. Such a clever and beautiful little heart. xo
Drew hamming it up with Auntie Casey. Drew has been known to enjoying nestling in with Casey. A natural Mommy.

Mimi and Addy on the hayride. :) Family is so important.  If I were rich I would buy a street and move us all in together.  Imagine the awesomeness of having everyone you LOVE on the same road!!  To dream...
Us Mamas and the wacky ones.  Our little girls are silly.
George laying in the field with Daddy. What a gorgeous day to just soak it all in.
The boys doing what they do best.
Joy.
On top of the world.
Feeling proud of his ability to move around independently.  You cant see the vicious tooth but its there!!
Drew and Georges first 'haystack' picture. I probably could have put more effort into their attire seeing as I knew they would be in lots of pictures.  The weather was so crazy.  Hot in the sun and freezing in the shade....it was breathtakingly gorgeous though
These boys will eat anything and for once are not told 'No No No' when they dig in.
Aunt Courteney and Drew catching some snuggles. Extra arms are always a mus. Love being surrounded by people I love.
Next year they will be walking through the orchard. I remember Addy this age....
Professional picker.  This kid will eat and eat and eat.
Sums up the afternoon.  Peaceful.
We had a hayride, picked Macs and Cortland's, fed some animals, played in the pumpkin field, ate candy and even did the Corn maze.  No successful pictures taken in the maze because it was actually very difficult and the mini girls were running in different directions!  Stressful!!! After about a half hour we found the 'entrance' once again and most gave up.....it was hard! Matt and one of the boys were still battling inside  so I ventured back in while the others laid in the sun on the hill. ( Technically Im the only one that went all the way through....just sayin'...lol).

It was a blessed and beautiful day.



To everything there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
  A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones,
and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain fro
m embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
 A time to rend, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate;
a time of war, and a time of peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
m embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
 A time to rend, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate;
a time of war, and a time of peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8


No comments:

Post a Comment