Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Christian Dedication

And they were bringing children to Him that He might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, He was indignant and said to them, " Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs to the Kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the Kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it." And He took them in His arms and blessed them, laying His hands on them. Mark 10:13-16

This scripture warms my heart. To picture God pulling my children closer to Him to embrace them. To see the smile on His face and the giggling smiles of my kids. Hopefully it would be followed with the good Lord looking into the eyes of my husband and I with the words, " Job well done". What a sight!

We had the children Dedicated at church on July the 10th. This is kind of like our version of an infant baptism. We believe that we first make this promise, dedication, to the Lord that we will raise our children in this faith until they can choose for themselves to commit. At that time they will do a full immersion Baptism and give their lives to the Lord. At this service Pastor Peter prayed over us all as a family and prayed for our children's Christian walk. It was beautiful. My husband and I hope that all three will grow to know the love of Christ and in turn raise their own families with God as the center. We look forward to the day they can declare in their own words and become Baptised.
My gorgeous children on our important day.


This is the arrangement we were presented with. Each flower represents a part of our life. One Representing God, one for my husband Matt, one for the presence of The Holy Spirit in our lives, one for me: the Mommy, then one for each child.

The boys all dressed in their Gregg boy attire. Its so funny to see them beginning to wear big boy clothes like their Daddy. Matt is a good sport and lets me have my fun when it comes to this :)

Love. Their futures are endless in possibilities...what a joy to sit back and watch it unfold. 6 Months ago these boys were inside my body. It still blows my mind.


The Gregg girls. Addy has a zest for life and real love for the Lord. She is known to comfort others in times of sadness with the simple reminder that God loves them. How beautiful to have truth at the core of who you are at only four years old.

May God continue to be a present guide in our lives and watch over us with a jealous love. We declare, "As for our home, we will serve the Lord!"

He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children. Praise the Lord. Psalms 113:9


No comments:

Post a Comment